10 Kgs pork trim 75/80% lean ( That means 75/80% meat and 20/25% fat
If you are making only 5kgs of sausages, just cut the ungredients down by half.
- 3 x onions chopped finely
- 2 capsicum chopped finely
- 80 gms salt
- 70 gms crushed garlic
- 20 gms cayenne pepper
- 40 gms ground black pepper (medium grind)
- 2 cups milk powder
- 5 cups chicken stock (liquid)
Lets get sausage-making
- Mince the meat through your mincer using the larger holed mincer plate.
- Add ingredients.
- Mix in well and now mince through the smaller mincer plate for a fine blend or through the larger mincer plate for a meatier looking sausage.
- Place the sausage emulsion into the sausage filler and put the size nozzle on the filler that will fit you casing.
- Natural hog or sheep casing or collagen casings (Known as artificial casings)<
- Turn the handle on the sausage filler and feed the emulsion into the casing.
- Don’t fill the casing to full as it will not be able to be tied off.
- Feel the sausage as it is coming from the filler and it should be comfortably soft to the touch.
- Once you have filled out the casing, tie each end with a simple knot
Now let’s tie the Sausages.
- This is hard to explain so print out the 2 sausage tying pics and use whichever one is easiest for you.
- You can also open the video and it will show you how to tie the sausages as well.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow sausage to set.
- Cook what you wish to eat and freeze the remainder.