- 10 kgs Pork trim 75/80% lean (That means 75/80 % meat and 20/ 25% Fat)
- If you are only making 5 kgs of sausages just cut the ingredients down by half
- 6 tablespoons macadamia nuts (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 35 gms ground black pepper
- 70 gms salt
- 70 gms crushed garlic
Lets get sausage-making
- Mince the meat through your mincer using the larger holed mincer plate.
- Add ingredients.
- Place the sausage emulsion into the sausage filler and put the size nozzle on the filler that will fit you casing.
- Natural hog or sheep casing or collagen casings (known as Artificial Casings)
- Turn the handle on the sausage filler and feed the emulsion into the casing.
- Don’t fill the casing to full as it will not be able to be tied off.
- Feel the sausage as it is coming from the filler and it should be comfortably soft to the touch.
- Once you have filled out the casing, tie each end with a simple knot.
Now let’s tie the Sausages.
- This is hard to explain so print out the 2 sausage tying pics and use whichever one is easiest for you.
- You can also open the video and it will show you how to tie the sausages as well.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow sausage to set.
- Cook what you wish to eat and freeze the remainder.