10 kgs Beef or Pork trim 75/80% lean ( That means 75/80 meat and 20/25% Fat )You can use ½ beef and ½ pork if you wishIf you are only making 5 kgs of sausages just cut the ingredients down by half1 kg fine breadcrumbs50 gms salt25gms ground black pepper13 gms ground mace13 gms dried tyme13 gms ground coriander13 gms ground nutmeg20 egg yolks ( Beaten )
10 kgs Beef or Pork trim 75/80% lean (that means 75/80 meat and 20/25% Fat )
You can use ½ beef and ½ pork if you wish
- If you are only making 5 kgs of sausages just cut the ingredients down by half
- 1 kg fine breadcrumbs
- 50 gms salt
- 25 gms ground black pepper
- 13 gms ground mace
- 13 gms dried thyme
- 13 gms ground coriander
- 13 gms ground nutmeg
- 20 egg yolks (beaten )
Lets get sausage-making
- Mince the meat through your mincer using the larger holed mincer plate.
- Add ingredients.
- Mix in well and now mince through the smaller mincer plate for a fine blend or through the larger mincer plate for a meatier looking sausage.
- Place the sausage emulsion into the sausage filler and put the size nozzle on the filler that will fit you casing.
- Natural hog or sheep casing or collagen casings (known as Artificial Casings)
- Turn the handle on the sausage filler and feed the emulsion into the casing.
- Don’t fill the casing to full as it will not be able to be tied off.
- Feel the sausage as it is coming from the filler and it should be comfortably soft to the touch.
- Once you have filled out the casing, tie each end with a simple knot…
Now let’s tie the Sausages
- This is hard to explain so print out the 2 sausage tying pics and use whichever one is easiest for you.
- You can also open the video and it will show you how to tie the sausages as well.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow sausage to set.
- Cook what you wish to eat and freeze the remainder.