- 10kgs Lamb trim 75/80% lean (that means 75/80 % meat and 20/ 25% fat)
- If you are only making 5kgs of sausages just cut the ingredients down by half
- 25gms ground black pepper
- 50gms salt
- 4 tablespoons ginger, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons dried fruit mix,chopped
- 2 lemons, sqeezed
Lets get sausage-making
- Mince the meat through your mincer using the larger holed mincer plate.
- Add ingredients.
- Mix in well and now mince through the smaller mincer plate for a fine blend or through the larger mincer plate for a meatier looking sausage.
- Place the sausage emulsion into the sausage filler and put the size nozzle on the filler that will fit you casing. Natural hog or sheep casing or collagen casings (known as artificial casings).
- Turn the handle on the sausage filler and feed the emulsion into the casing. Don’t fill the casing to full as it will not be able to be tied off. Feel the sausage as it is coming from the filler and it should be comfortably soft to the touch.
- Once you have filled out the casing, tie each end with a simple knot.
Now let’s tie the Sausages.
- This is hard to explain so print out the 2 sausage tying pics and use whichever one is easiest for you.
- You can also open the video and it will show you how to tie the sausages as well.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow sausage to set.
- Cook what you wish to eat and freeze the remainder.