- I kg Round Roast (trimmed of all fat) (whole)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
Lets get jerky-making
- Put the round in the freezer for about 1 hour to make it almost frozen and more solid for slicing.
- If you have access to a meat slicer this will be easier, but if not, use a very sharp knife.
- Slice the meat into slices about 4-5mm. Now cut the slices about
- 4-5mm so you have long square slices.
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a resealable plastic bag, mix in the meat and marinate in the refrigerator overnight, turning every so often.
- Run bamboo skewers through the ends of the meat, so they are not touching and hang from your oven rack, with a tray underneath to catch the drips.
- Bring the oven up to about 60 deg c and cook with oven door closed for about 1 hour. Now prop the door open about 50mm and allow jerky to bake for at least 10 hours or until it is completely dry.
- Jerky maybe stored in an airtight container for 1 to 2 months.
- Makes about 300gms of Jerky